Mums, all over the world, have always known the benefits of a ‘good night’s sleep‘ whether dealing with a baby, an energetic child or a grouchy teenager (or husband, for that matter).
However, with the advancement of medical research it is becoming more and more apparent that sleep has a much greater effect on all aspects of our health and well being in every way ~ physically, emotionally and mentally.
Ask any insomniac the devastating effects of lack of sleep on all aspects of life. Sleep affects how we feel, look and perform our daily activities. Whilst we rest, sleep offers the body and mind time to restore and repair itself and is vital to well being.
According to surveys from The National Sleep Foundation, 20% of Americans are regularly having less than 6 hours sleep per night. This trend is not limited to the USA either, it can be seen across Europe and Canada too, in fact in most developed countries. In view of recent research we could all use some advice on dealing with any issues that prevent us from getting a good night’s sleep.
This site aims to introduce some of the conditions associated with poor sleeping and give help and advice on what to do if you are suffering from any sleep-related problems.
We will cast a dreamy gaze over many sleep issues:- Looking at the normal sleep cycle. Parasomnia, including sleep walking, talking and nightmares will all be discussed; what this diagnosis entails along with the symptoms and treatments too. There are some simple, basic top tips to help you into a healthy slumber. Advice on snoring and sleep apnea too. Finally we will look at narcolepsy, hypersomnia and Restless Legs Syndrome
History of the Site
The Canadian Sleep Society
From 1999 to 2011 the site used to be the Canadian Sleep Society. The site had many useful articles and resources regarding all aspects of sleep and health.
After a brief foray into the world of Software and Webpage design (see Cascading Style Sheets below) the site, once again entered the dreamy land of sleep. The Canadian Sleep Society is still going strong today. To visit the site please click here.
Cascading Style Sheets
In 2013 this site was used for Cascading Style Sheets (CCS) for webpage Tutorials. CCS is a website software tool that simplifies adding style to your Web pages. It helps you to create your own personal style with fonts, colors, titles and spacing.
If you have found this post looking for information on CCS then here are a couple of links that you might find useful:-
- Snoring isn’t Sexy – a website dedicated to snorers and their long suffering families.
- Restless Legs Syndrome Foundation
- American Sleep Apnea Association
- Narcolepsy Network is a national, non-profit organization of people who have narcolepsy (or related sleep disorders), their families and friends, and professionals involved in treatment, research, and public education regarding narcolepsy.
- Sleepnet.com – Everything you wanted to know about sleep but were too tired to ask.
A Bit about Dr. Halls: The owner of this Website
- The Anxiety Diet: Top Foods to Eat to STOP Anxiety
- How to Reduce Anxiety: TOP 4 Foods and Drinks to Avoid
- Probiotics for Anxiety: Is a healthy gut key to a healthy mind?
- 16:8 Fasting Plan – Guaranteed Weight Loss
- Golden Milk and Health Benefits
- Addicted to Junk Food: Is this Possible?
- Hashimoto Diet : What Foods TO eat and Why
- Index of all our Weight Loss Posts
- Index of Healing Foods for Diseases
- Full list of ALL our Diet Posts
- Index of Articles on Anxiety
- Full list of Body Mass Index and Calculators
- Height and Weight Articles